Since its first years of life this children´s choir has been invited to many choral festivals in the region, as well as prestigious national competitions.
It has won first prizes in several national competitions such as the XXVII National Habaneras Contest of Totana (Murcia) in 2007, and the International Contest of Habaneras and Polyphony of Torrevieja (Alicante) in 2004 and 2008.
The Peques LDO Choir has been internationally awarded:
- 4th prize in the 28th International Choral Contest “Prof. Georgi Dimitrov “in Varna (Bulgaria) 2005.
- 2nd Prize in the 43rd Choral Competition of Tolosa (Basque Country) 2011.
- 3rd prize at the Béla Bartók 25th International Choir Competition in Debrecen (Hungary) 2012, one of the most important Contemporary Music Contests in Europe.
- 2nd prize at the 31st Cantonigrós Music Festival in Vic (Catalonia) 2013.
- 3rd prize in the 9th Concorso corale internazionale Citta di Rimini (Italy) 2015.
- 2nd prize at the 54th Montreux Choral Festival (Switzerland) 2018, Audience Award and Best Management Award.
It has collaborated with professional orchestras of Asturias (Oviedo Filarmonía, Orquesta de “Los Adioses”) performing works such as “La Pasión según San Mateo” by J.S. Bach or the recording of “Otello” by G. Verdi, with the Orfeón Donostiarra.
It has also collaborated with the adult choir “El León de Oro” in the recording of two of their CDs (“Lux Aurumque” in 2003 and “Paxarines” in 2009).
Its conductor and founder is Elena Rosso.