Directora: Elena Rosso Valiña
“Los Peques del León de Oro” continue to be a chorus of children, refined, disciplined, workers, with nuances so wide that they overtake, and capable of facing really difficult issues … In this case, from the musical point of view, they behaviour like adults. We are really proud of knowing that the future is already here””.
Created in the year 2000 as part of the choral project “El León de Oro”1. It aims to form the smallest corals, in order to create a coral quarry. At present it is composed by 45 voices and has a wide and varied repertoire in styles.
Since his early years he has been invited to numerous choral festivals in the region, as well as prestigious national contests.
- He has won 1º prizes in several national competitions like Totana, Torrevieja in 2004 and 2008.
On an international level:
- 4th prize in Varna (Bulgaria) 2005.
- 2nd Prize in Tolosa 2011.
- 3rd prize in one of the most important competitions of Contemporary Music in Europe, Bela Bartok International Choir Competition 2012.
- 2nd prize at the 31th Cantonigrós International Music Festival – Vic in Catalonia 2013.
- 3rd prize in the 9th International Choral Competition “Citta di Rimini 2015”.
They have made several collaborations with the professional orchestras of Asturias (Oviedo Philharmonia, Orquesta of “Los Adioses”), interpreting works like “The Passion according to San Mateo” by JSBach, or the recording of Otello “by Verdi, together with the “Orfeón Donostiarra”.
They have also collaborated with the adult choir “El León de Oro”1 in the recording of their two CDs, (“Lux Aurumque” 2003 and “Paxarines” 2009).
Its director – founder is Elena Rosso Valiña, teacher of Piano, musical Language and choir in the School Miguel Barrosa de Carreño. Her training as a director began in 2000 and since then she has worked with personalities from the choral world such as Basilio Astúlez, Juan Luis Martínez, Javier Busto, Enrique Azurza, Xavier Sarasola, among others … It is currently required for training workshops Choirs for children, youth throughout Spain, as well as refresher courses for choir directors.
1.- The Golden Lion.